CLICK TO REGISTER!
Edwards, an attorney at Dickinson, Mackaman, Tyler & Hagen P.C.,
has significant experience providing tax guidance to, and defending tax
audits by the Iowa Department of Revenue of, Iowa's largest construction
contractors. As a former attorney with the Iowa Department of Revenue,
Cody has valuable insight into Iowa's labyrinth of sales and use tax
laws affecting Iowa contractors.
Cody will discuss sales and use tax laws applicable to Iowa contractors, covering the following topics (among others):
- Distinction between repair and new construction and the tax implication of both
- When is equipment rental subject to sales tax
- Taxation of contracts with exempt entities
- Common sales/use tax audit issues
- Mitigating future tax risk and limiting liability for past tax "mistakes"
You're invited to join this Seminar, provided at no charge as part of your membership with ABC of Iowa.