Safety Training and Evaluation Process
STEP - Merit Based Safety Recognition for the Merit Shop!
Established in 1989 by the ABC National Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Committee, the Safety Training and Evaluation Process (STEP) program was developed and written by contractors, for contractors. There is no charge for this service (unless you are applying for STEP Diamond or Platinum), and your responses are strictly confidential.
Safety is Priority - With STEP, You Can Improve It
- Organized approach for analyzing and developing safety and loss prevention programs
- The Key Component system forms a 20 point guide to starting, updating or auditing a company-wide safety program
both OSHA required safety data with self-assessment requirements to
give a full, wide ranging report on the entire nature of a company's
- Designed to benefit both large and small contractors alike
- Recognition for ABC members at both National and Chapter level, with various recognition events held throughout the year
- Can also lead National Safety Excellence Awards and Accredited Quality Contractor recognition
STEP data shows STEP participants beat BLS national averages in a
number of areas, leading to benefits both when bidding for business and
negotiating insurance rates