Cody Edwards, an attorney at Dickinson, Mackaman, Tyler & Hagen P.C., has significant experience providing tax guidance to, and defending tax audits by the Iowa Department of Revenue of, Iowa's largest construction contractors. As a former attorney with the Iowa Department of Revenue, Cody has valuable insight into Iowa's labyrinth of sales and use tax laws affecting Iowa contractors.
Cody will discuss sales and use tax laws applicable to Iowa contractors, covering the following topics (among others):
- Sales and use tax basics
- Distinction between repair and new construction and the tax implication of both
- When is equipment rental subject to sales tax
- Taxation of contracts with exempt entities
- Common sales/use tax audit issues
- Mitigating future tax risk and limiting liability for past tax "mistakes"
You're invited to join this Webinar, provided at no charge as part of your membership with ABC of Iowa.
REGISTRATION INFO & WEBINAR TIME TO COME IN JANUARY