Grain Bin Collapse Causes Explosion
White Farms near Switz City, IN experienced a combustible dust fire when an overhead tank filled with more than 10,000 bushels of corn collapsed as the bin was being unloaded into a truck. This bin took out a power-line and that combined with the grain dust and electrical spark made for an incredible safety hazard.
According to Steve White of White Farms, "When that explosion extensive damage, sending a 180-foot wave that went up to the pipes of the leg... all kinds of electrical damage."
This highlights the seriousness of combustible dust explosions, and the need to stay aware!
Watch the eye-witness video and read the full article here.
Visit the OSHA website
for more information on Combustible Dust Explosions.