WHAT IS EIC?
Excellence in Construction (EIC) is ABC of Iowa's opportunity to honor the year's most outstanding construction projects and member-contractors for their remarkable achievements in leadership, safety, innovation and diversity.
EIC honors the skill and creativity of the entire team - contractor, owner, architect and engineer - responsible for an outstanding merit shop construction project.
Projects entered will be judged by an independent team (not ABC of Iowa) and winners will be announced at the EIC Awards Ceremony on October 18, 2018 at Prairie Meadows Racetrack and Casino in Altoona, IA.
We encourage you to bring the entire company along to the Awards Ceremony to celebrate this year's great achievements - it's a great way to demonstrate how much you value the team's efforts!
Submit your company's best project(s) for this year's EIC Awards, and you'll have the opportunity to:
- Celebrate this year's achievements with your staff and clients.
- Show off quality workmanship and accomplishments.
- Be recognized for your excellence among your peers and the State of Iowa.
- Compete for honors within the State of Iowa and at ABC National in Washington, D.C.
RULES & ELIGIBILITY:
Only ABC members are eligible to enter.
- If your project was completed by a joint venture and not all parties are ABC members, email firstname.lastname@example.org for eligibility requirements.
- ABC of Iowa reserves the right to change an entry's original category if it determines that a project's opportunity to win will be enhanced with a different category. ABC of Iowa also reserves the right to redistribute the contract volume levels within a category.
- All entries become the property of ABC of Iowa.
- The applicant hereby grants to ABC of Iowa the following non-exclusive rights: the right to reproduce and distribute copies of the work throughout the year as part of the competition materials described above, including the right to reprint the work, or any part thereof, whenever necessary and to license the use of the work, or any part thereof, in any medium or form of communication; and the right to use the applicant's name, photographs and biography in connection with the work. The applicant reserves all rights not specifically granted herein.
- No project with a safety-related fatality is eligible to receive consideration for an award.
- You warrant that the work is original with you, that its publication will not infringe on the rights of others, and that you have full power to make this grant.
Completed applications will only be accepted via the online process, and fees are due at Intent to Compete.
Fees are per project. Those entering can submit as many projects as they choose.
Fees are non-refundable. Please be sure to review the attached criteria before submitting.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are submitted electronically following the below steps:
Watch this six-minute tutorial to learn more about the application process.
- All applications are submitted electronically following the below steps:
- Click Enter Application Portal at the top of the screen. All applications are submitted electronically following the below steps:
Google Chrome is the recommended internet browser to ensure program compatibility.
- Then click Apply Now!
- For first-time applicants, create a username and password to access the registration and application pages. If you have submitted previously, your username and password remains the same from year to year.
- Complete Phase I—your intent-to-compete registration—and submit payment. You may select to pay by check or credit card.
- A confirmation email will be sent to you containing the link to continue on to Phase II—the application. You may save your information as you go and revisit the application as needed.
- When ready, click Save and Finalize to submit the application. Once the application is finalized, you will no longer be able to make edits. A confirmation will be emailed to you.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The application fee is non-refundable. Be sure to review the application criteria and eligibility prior to entering your submission.
Email Jared or give us a call at 515-985-1174.